500g cuttlefish (cleaned, scored and cut into slices)
12 red chillies (seeded) grounded
4 dried chillies (soaked)}
corriander leaves (chopped)
125g grated coconut( squeezed into milk)
oil for frying
salt 1 tsp tamarind
11/2 tsp sugar
- Heat 65 tbsp oil in deep pan. Stir-fry cuttlefish quickly. Remove and drain. Set aside.
- Reduce heat and add grounded paste and fry.
- Add cuttlefish and stir half coconut milk.Add on the seasoning ingredients.
- Pour remaining coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add hot water to coconut before squeezing out.
- Doing this increases coconut milk even if little water is added.