Fish pieces – 6
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
Pearl onions – 2
Red chilly powder – 3 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Oil – for frying
Curry leaves – 1 string
Steps For Preparation:
- First clean the fish pieces well and keep it aside.
- Crunch the 1 tsp fennel seeds and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut, pearl onions in to a fine paste and keep them aside.
- Put the fish pieces in a bowl, add the coconut paste, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, curry leaves and mix them well.
- Marinate this for 1/2 an hour in refrigerator.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai, put the fish pieces 2 at a time and keep in medium flame.
- Add oil on sides and Cover cook for 3-5mins.
- Uncover and reverse the fish to the other side, add some oil on the sides and cover cook for 3mins.
- Remove the lid and fry till golden brown and garnish with cilantro.